|Acquisition Number: 15_DH
Original work: after a drawing by A.B. Dodge, colorized
While there were ultimately 21 missions, many were modest establishments. Mission Soledad was founded in 1791 and its’ highest recorded population was only 687, achieved in 1804. After secularization Soledad became the site of a ranch house and grocery store, then was abandoned for almost 100 years. The mission chapel was restored in 1954.
Copyright 2015 Pentacle Press, LLC
Reproduction Size: 17.5 x 32